Friday, June 5, 2009

Judiciously

After the "Syudi Rolly" episode (Yes, it is almost history. I'm no longer rendering so much overtime work. Got burnt out after one week--one week!), I'm stuck with another monicker: Judiciously.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with my second name (Jude). It has something to do with what I said during our monthly calibration (That's "meeting" for you.) As it happens, each new editor are compelled to ask at least one question. So I made one about introductory phrases. I told them I'm confused whether to put a comma (an issue so significant it could be the solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict) or not in some introductory phrases. "So what I do," I said, "is I do it judiciously--"

An uproar followed, with some jumping at the nearest PC and acting as though they're checking the word out in Merriam-Webster online. When the noise died down, some reviewers answered my question--and each wickedly used "judiciously" at least once. Now they seem to be taking every chance to tease me with the word.

That's it. Next time I've got to pick my words more, well, judiciously.
 
Visitors: