Monday, July 20, 2009

Dragging

I watched Harry Potter 6 yesterday. There isn't much to talk about it. I've said it all in the title of this post.

I don't know why I never enjoyed the movies as much as I enjoyed the books. Heck, I didn't just enjoy the books. I was bowled over by them, as though J. K. Rowling cast a wand at me and shouted, "Stupefy!"

The first movie was actually the reason why I was among the last of the muggles to be bewitched by the Potter series. Without being able to read the book, I watched the first movie in the cinema--and didn't like it. For years, I never felt the urge to read the book. I didnt watch the succeeding movies too. Even when they were shown on HBO, I was never able to sit all throughout any of them.

Then one ordinary afternoon in college, about seven years later, I rediscovered the chosen one, in the printed pages. Weird, I can no longer remember who owns that book and how I came across it.

After reading the first book, I couldn't get enough of Harry Potter. So I had a reading marathon, straight to the seventh book. And the nice thing about it was, all the books were just borrowed from friends and friends of friends.
 
Visitors: